I am a qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist, with consulting rooms at Old Hall Street and Rodney Street in central Liverpool and Ullet Road in south Liverpool. My expertise lies in the areas of: anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, anger, stress, low self-esteem, compulsive lying and sexuality.
For the past 17 years I have worked as a counsellor on a wide range of issues with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.
I use evidence-based approaches. I primarily utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to provide clients with the tools to change the thoughts and behaviours that have lead to their problems. I also use Schema Therapy, which helps people change life-long self-defeating patterns, and Compassion Focused Therapy, which helps people overcome shame based difficulties.
Working collaboratively with clients I help them identify their strengths and capacity for resilience.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I abide by their codes of ethics and am bound by their complaints procedures.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – Birkbeck College, University of London
- MSc Counselling Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – City University, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) – CPPD Counselling School, London
- Certificate of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I am committed to continuing professional development. Training courses I have attended include:
- Cognitive Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Health Anxiety
- Imagery Rescripting
- Incorporating Strengths to Build Resilience
- Intolerance of Uncertainty
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Schema Therapy
- Social Anxiety
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and am registered on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I am also a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a senior associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.