I am a qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor, with practices on Rodney Street in central Liverpool and Ullet Road in South Liverpool. My expertise lies in the areas of: anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, anger, stress, low self-esteem, compulsive lying and sexuality.
For the past sixteen years I have worked as a counsellor on a wide range of issues with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.
I use evidence-based approaches. I primarily utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to provide clients with the tools to change the thoughts and behaviours that have lead to their problems. I also use Schema Therapy, which helps people change life-long self-defeating patterns, and Compassion Focused Therapy, which helps people overcome shame based difficulties.
Working collaboratively with clients I help them identify their strengths and capacity for resilience.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I abide by their codes of ethics and am bound by their complaints procedures.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – Birkbeck College, University of London
- MSc Counselling Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) – City University, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) – CPPD Counselling School, London
- Certificate of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I am committed to continuing professional development. Training courses I have attended include:
- Cognitive Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Health Anxiety
- Imagery Rescripting
- Incorporating Strengths to Build Resilience
- Intolerance of Uncertainty
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Schema Therapy
- Social Anxiety
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and am registered on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I am also a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a senior associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.